I never thought in medical school I would have to remember what Koplik’s spots look like but with the recent measles outbreak, here ya go!
Don’t think you have asthma….try the following:
1. Reflux can mimic symptoms of asthma with cough & wheeze
2. You might need a Aridol challenge test to be sure.
3. Don’t forget about sinus infection which can mimic coughing.
4. Make sure you’ve performed lung function! (PFTs)
5. Vocal Cord Dysfunction can sneak in as a cause of cough & wheeze.
What’s medicine and what’s just candy! Read on to find out. My own personal thought is many patients with vocal cord dysfunction (VCD) respond to vocal hydration which can occur while sucking on a cough drop/candy. Maybe we’ve been treating VCD all along with HALLs! Stranger things have happened.