I never thought in medical school I would have to remember what Koplik’s spots look like but with the recent measles outbreak, here ya go!
Don’t think you have asthma….try the following:
1. Reflux can mimic symptoms of asthma with cough & wheeze
2. You might need a Aridol challenge test to be sure.
3. Don’t forget about sinus infection which can mimic coughing.
4. Make sure you’ve performed lung function! (PFTs)
5. Vocal Cord Dysfunction can sneak in as a cause of cough & wheeze.
What’s medicine and what’s just candy! Read on to find out. My own personal thought is many patients with vocal cord dysfunction (VCD) respond to vocal hydration which can occur while sucking on a cough drop/candy. Maybe we’ve been treating VCD all along with HALLs! Stranger things have happened.
happy, healthy, safe
Navigating the healthcare system
Solo family practice: I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.
oversharing on the internet since 2011
Better Health...Easy As 123
An apple a day might keep the doctor away, but what is modern hospital medicine really like? Follow Dr. Benjamin Kirkland - a Doctor working in Australia - through the pinnacles and pitfalls of everyday hospital medicine!
PREVENTIVE HEALTH MAGAZINE